The Mendocino Family of Companies (Mendocino Forest Products Company, Mendocino Redwood Company, Humboldt Redwood Company, Humboldt Redwood Company, and Allweather Wood), is a leading manufacturer and distributor of environmentally certified redwood, Douglas-fir, and preservative treated lumber products throughout California and the Western U.S. Our culture is based in environmental stewardship and community support. The company maintains Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC® C013133) certification for its forestlands, manufacturing, and distribution operations.
Who You Are
The VP, Sales (Sawmills) is a high-impact critically important position to Mendocino Forest Products success. This role demands not only strong sales and account management skills but also the ability to lead and inspire a team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing sales activities, customer relationships, and overseeing the sales of Douglas Fir, Redwood, Hem Fir, and Pine products across all grades and types.Current lumber sales experience is required.
The base salary for this position is $150,000 to $180,000 depending on experience. Your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic locations, skills, education and/or experience. Please keep in mind that that the range published is the full base salary. We also offer a generous benefits package.
-Take a player-coach role by personally managing and selling a portfolio of accounts and sales targets while leading the sales team by example.
-Develop and execute sales strategies to achieve revenue targets and increase market share.
-Prospect, cultivate, and maintain strong relationships with new and existing customers.
-Ensure prompt and accurate response to customer inquiries, orders, and requests.
-Monitor market trends and competitor activities to identify opportunities and stay ahead in the sawmill industry.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and support to the sales team, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and achievement.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations, set goals, and provide feedback to maintain high sales team motivation and productivity.
- Conduct regular training sessions to enhance the sales team's knowledge and skills.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and implement effective sales techniques and strategies.
Customer Visits and Trade Shows:
- Represent the company by attending customer visits and trade shows to deepen customer relationships and identify new business opportunities.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition of our products, highlighting their quality and suitability for customer needs.
- Gather market intelligence and customer feedback to contribute to product development and improvement efforts.
Inventory and Production Management:
- Collaborate with the production team to plan and manage product inventory levels and production schedules.
- Ensure accurate and timely order fulfillment, coordinating with operations and fulfillment teams.
- Maintain awareness of product availability and lead times to effectively manage customer expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or related field (preferred).
- Proven experience in sales and account management, preferably within the sawmill industry or related sectors.
- Experience managing and developing a small sales team.
- Solid understanding of the sawmill industry and knowledge of Douglas Fir, Redwood, Hem Fir, and Pine products.
- Strong leadership and coaching abilities, with a lead-by-example mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel to customer locations and attend trade shows.
- Proficient or demonstrated ability to use Lumber Track, CRM software, MS Office, and other relevant sales tools.
- Frequently required to walk, sit for long periods of time, and communicate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or lift and is regularly required to use wrists and fingers to type for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to sit and view a computer screen with use of a keyboard for extended periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Valuing Diversity of our Workforce and Offering a Drug Free Workplace.