- Minimum five years machinist experience and/or machining training.
- Must be skilled in all areas of machining to produce parts and equipment needed in manufacturing or operations facility.
- Experience with pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical controls, as well as, machine and machine control design are required.
- Familiarity with OSHA codes.
- Must maintain and carry a valid California driver license and remain eligible and capable of operating company vehicles in accordance with company policy guidelines.
- Must have some skill levels with Microsoft Office.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level with CAD, Solid Works and/or Visio software would be beneficial.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, etc.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- May frequently be required to sit, smell, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; walk, smell, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; use hands, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and communicate
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- This job requires eye and hearing protection, leather/rubber gloves, safety vest, safety shoes, fall protection, hard hat, welding protection, sleeve protection and respirator
- The work environment is usually loud in noise and will be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles, outside adverse weather conditions, vibration, wet and/or humid conditions, high precarious places, dust, dirt, grease and machine noise.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities; supports everyone's efforts to succeed
- Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity – meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity
- Safety & Security – observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions
Humboldt Redwood (HRC) and Humboldt Sawmill Company (HSC) located in Scotia, CA was formed in July 2008 through the reorganization of the former Pacific Lumber Company and related entities. Humboldt Redwood consists of forestry as well as lumber manufacturing and distribution operations. Humboldt Redwoods forestry operations include approximately 327 square miles (209,300 acres) of coast redwood and Douglas-fir forestlands. Our forestlands are located about five hours north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Humboldt County, California. Mendocino Redwood Company, LLC (MRC®) and Humboldt Redwood Company, LLC (HRC™) provide rewarding career opportunities in forestry and wildlife with excellent benefits and opportunity for advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Valuing Diversity of our Workforce and Offering a Drug Free Workplace